Thursday, November 29, 2007

Can we make Doug Smith pay Garbo's contract?

Beatgrog:

Q: I have a bit of a gripe with you when you say (referring to player contracts), "unless it’s your money, who cares about the money?" The reason I care is because it is my money. When I buy tickets I'm helping to pay the players' salaries. When I buy merchandise, I'm helping to pay the player's salaries/ When I watch Raps TV, I'm buying B.C. a new collar. The fans have a right to be upset when they see frivolous spending.

Erick Isopp, Vancouver

A: Here’s the thing: It’s not extra spending. The Garbo contract we were talking about has to be paid.


Dear Mr. Smith,

If the Spanish national team's insurance won't cover the entire cost of Garbejosa's injury then the Raptors will be paying a gimp. Even if the entire injury is covered by insurance, the rates go up which costs the team more money and Jorge is still out for the season instead of playing basketball which is what we signed him to a multi-million dollar contract to do for us (instead of playing a meaningless tournament).

As well, as ZGall mentioned only a few days ago, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S NOT OUR MONEY BECAUSE THERE IS A MOTHER FUCKING SALARY CAP. This argument will henceforth be known as 'CAP CAP CAP' so we'll never be forced to waste our time articulating how dumb and uninformed you are about this issue.

Kind regards,

DaBittaUrb

No comments: