Thursday, December 13, 2007

I don't think you even think before you write sometimes

If I put myself in Doug Smith's shoes, I can understand why he doesn't put much effort into his blog. It probably has a limited audience - hardcore fans who just want a little more Raptors news - and he knows they'll put with a few typos and inanities in order to get it. But I would expect more of an effort than this.

The Hump’s a cute name and all, goes with his real one but, really, can’t we come up with something better for Kris Humphries?

The dude known as Grunt, who gets into the comment section here every now and then, suggests Not-Haffa Bad would be a good moniker. What do you think


Did you really propose that as a serious choice? I don't get it. It's terrible. It's not even remotely funny and yet you picked through your comment section and that is what you wrote. You must have been mesmerized by the name Grunt.

Then, in reference to Hump joking around with a reporter and asking the reporter who he was,

Dude was Big Game Eric, new beat grunt from Conrad’s Paper, and the brother of Quag.

English please. Plus, "Conrad's Paper"? Though, if you think about it, I'd say that Dougie has a legitimate concern in that if people knew that the Post has some great sports writers, he might be in some trouble.

Another brilliant comment:

[Delfino] was running a few sets early in the second quarter against Dallas, with DMart playing the role of shooting guard and there may not be a more appropriate position for Martin, is there?

I could think of many more appropriate positions for Martin: assistant coach, TV commentator, clerk at drive-thru McDonald's. The list is practically endless.

And I'm done.

No comments: