Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's kinda sports-related

So I was reading about this prison in Florida where pretty much every guard was corrupt before the new warden took over. Now, it doesn't surprise me that such a prison existed. However, this was pretty bizarre:

"I cannot explain how big an obsession softball had become," he said. "People were promoted on the spot after a softball game at the drunken party to high positions in the department because they were able to hit a softball out of the park a couple times."

"The connection between the softball and the parties and the corruption and the beatings was greatly intertwined."

The parties and orgies were often carried out at a waterfront ranch house built on prison grounds for a former warden with taxpayer dollars, McDonough said. The house was complete with a bar, pool table and hot tub.


So let me see if I get this straight -  If I worked at this prison, I would get to play softball, get promoted for doing well and then have sex all night at drunken orgies? Sign me up!

No comments: