Monday, March 30, 2009

Beat grunting is a seriously objectively serious business

Straight to the hall of fame, this Sean Marks

And I tell ya, he’s one of the really good guys.

We’re in San Antonio at a finals one year, he’s playing for the Spurs. It’s an off-day and the last thing a gaggle of grunts wants to do for dinner is fight the crowds on the Riverwalk so I asked Sean for a recommendation and he tells us to go to the Quarry Market, sit outside at this one place and it’ll be great.

So, Toronto, Philly, Minneapolis and Jersey all head out there, we’re having a lovely dinner and here comes a round of cocktails, courtesy of Mr. Marks, who’s sitting at a table over there.

Did Matt Bonner never buy Lord Grunting a meatball sub? Tsk, tsk. 

Wait... The Toronto Star paid for Doug Smith to go to the NBA Finals? 

In the same post:

You know I’m not a big stats geek at all, in fact I think the fact most of them can be bent to suit any purpose renders them a very insignificant part of most conversations but, still, 22 points and 19 assists is darn impressive.

Noting boxscores now qualifies for stats geekery?

"You know I'm not a physics geek at all, in fact I think the fact [sic] most of Newton's laws can be bent to suit any purpose renders them a very insignificant part of most conversations but, every time I try to jump, I land back down on the ground and that is darn impressive."

No comments: